Have you ever used an "all metal" grader-groomer on gravel or rock, or seen one in action? If you have then you will notice a few important
differences between those machines and our DR72 DriveWay Grader-Groomer. Those "all metal" machines have three distinct problems:
1) they can hop wildly on gravel or rock surfaces because of how they're designed (hard steel teeth and steel bars to follow can hop badly).
2) they use steel teeth to attempt to penetrate into the rock and gravel to break it up (adds to the hopping) and some have teeth so wide they will likely
not penetrate effectively unless they go very deep below the layer of rock or gravel, which can disturb the important layering between the top rock-gravel
and the underlying soil, which is not desirable (why have rock or gravel top layer and then ruin that layering during grading-grooming).
3) they can be loud when towing over gravel or rock. Loud enough to where it's a nuisance when operating - hard to listen to for the operator or anyone
else within earshot.
Our DR72 DRiveWay Grader-Groomer design is different, and it works!.
When we first set out to design a grader-groomer for rock and gravel we also figured "all steel", with solid
steel teeth, was the way to go. But, during our extensive testing it was quickly evident we wanted our
grader-groomer to work better, not disturb the important layering of rock-gravel over sub soil, and, be less
annoying to use. Two important design differences include:
1) Vibra Tine Spring Tine Technology starts off the process to loosen rock and gravel. This technology
concentrates the loosening effect from the top side of the surface. This does not disturb the important layering
of rock-gravel over the sub soil. The two staggered rows of tines are completely adjustable to different
degrees of aggressiveness so the user can always decide the optimal setting.
2) 6-Brush High Performance Grader Carriage. To complete the grading-grooming process we follow the
tines with our patent pending "Compact-High Performance 6-Brush Grading Broom Carriage". This exclusive
design packs 6 individual poly brushes into a compact "one-of-a-kind" design that doesn't hop. It's very
effective on rock and gravel, and is much less annoying to use because it's quiet.
(Note: For customers who want an all metal design we offer an optional metal grading/leveling attachment
that can quickly and easily replace the high-performance grader carriage if desired, without tools).
The proper design and engineering results in our DR72 DriveWay Grader Groomer. It's effective,
efficient, easy to use, quiet, and available with more electric operator lift control systems than any
Assorted options also available.